Tuesday 24 June 2008

'Project' hosts consider Christmas single

Comedy duo Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins are considering releasing a novelty single this Christmas.

The Sunday Night Project hosts may follow in the footsteps of comic Leigh Francis, who reached fourth place in the Christmas charts in 2003 with Bo Selecta single 'Proper Crimbo'.

"Justin has got it into his head that he wants to do a Christmas single," Alan told The Sun. "But I hate singing. I can't sing.

"I told him I don't want to go round the country singing at Christmas but he said, 'It's alright Alan, you can just stand at the back, I'll do all the singing.' I said, 'It's not the bloody Pet Shop Boys'. I guess I could sit at the back on the organ."

He added: "I think we would at least get the sympathy vote."

The Sunday Night Project launches tomorrow night at 10pm on Channel 4.



See Also